Interactivity draws many users to a site and by allowing your users to post messages
back and forth keeps them coming and lets you know what they are thinking. This better lets
you gear your site towards your users and the wwwboard provides a simple way to do all this.
Setting up a web board
If your account allows a webboard, you will need to activate it by logging into your file manager, scrolling to the end of the page
and selecting "Web Board" from the drop down list and click the "Submit Query" button. You will then be taken to a page where you can either activate or edit your web board.
You will have several options for your webboard:
- Number of posts out of 500 possible: this tells you how many messages you have. When you are close to the maximum number of files allowed, you should use the pruning option.
- Name of your Web Board: this will be the name used on the webboard pages and as your web board's title.
- Background Color: this will be used as the background for all your webboard pages.
- Background Image: this will be used as the background image for all your webboard pages.
- Text Color: this will be used as the standard text color on all webboard pages.
- Link Color: this will be used as the standard link color on all web board pages.
- Visited Link Color: this will be used as the standard visited link color on all web board pages.
- Header html: this allows you to add any desired html to the top of all web board related web pages.
- Footer html: this allows you to add any desired html to the bottom of all web board related web pages.
Once you have your web board has been created, you can start linking to it and visited it. On your web board, users can
post messages and reply to them, allowing people to communicated back and forth. Please note that these messages may count
as part of your web site space so delete old ones if need be.
Back to the main faq
WWW Board has several admin features that allow you to delete single posts or entire threads.
To use this feature simply go to your web board (as explained above) and scroll to the end of the page.
There you will see a link to your admin delete area and several options:
- Thread Order - allows you to remove threads by their normal listing order.
- Posted Order - allows you to remove threads by their posting date.
- Date - allows you to remove threads by their creation date.
- Author - allows you to remove threads by their author.
Select the way you wish to list the messages and click the button. You will then be able to delete either the entire thread or individual messages.
Back to the main faq